Our laboratory was opened in 1998 along with the Provincial Medical Centre. Offering a full-service lab, it was one of only few in Windsor and Essex County at that time. There are very few tests that the lab CAN NOT support, one being the Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT).
Any questions related to the lab please contact the pharmacy at 519-972-8788 for assistance from one of the Lab Technicians.
On arrival to the medical lab, you will meet one of our certified lab technician. They are certified through the CSMLS (Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science), and able to perform all duties listed on this page.
Our lab technicians are available during the hours below, always welcoming visitors with a smile and excellent skills!
- The Coral Medical Centre features a specialty travel clinic to help instruct travelers which vaccination requirements are necessary to protect them from possible infection during their trip. The lab supports the travel clinic by ensuring all required testing is performed, without having to go to a separate location.
- The lab focuses on quick turnaround time (24-48 hours) to support our doctors and nurse practitioners in diagnosis and treatment of various illnesses. Quick lab results mean quick treatment and a quicker recovery.
- For minor to moderate injuries, the Coral Medical Centre carries the tetanus vaccine which can be administered right on the spot.
- The lab also offers Vitamin D testing (at a charge) and B12 shots to regular patients needing them.
- Finally, the lab/pharmacy carries the newly developed vaccination (Zostavax) to protect any patient, who may request it, from the shingles virus.
Before visiting the any lab, it’s important to check whether fasting is required. The requirements for fasting should be on the requisition form. Here are some common tests that require fasting: Cholesterol, Glucose, HDL Cholesterol, Homocysteine, Lactose tolerance, LDL Cholesterol, Lipoprotein phenotyping, GTT (Glucose tolerance testing for gestational diabetes), Triglycerides and Xylose tolerance testing.
The Lab is open and available to any and all patients. In fact, patients may bring in their requisition forms from their regular family physician to have their blood work taken. Wait Times at the Lab are significantly shorter (15-30min) than the main lab (1-2hrs) and early morning times are available.
Lab Hours of Operation:
|Friday||8:30am-4: 00 pm|
|Saturday||8:30am – 11:30 am|